Friday, July 29, 2011

Fruit Smoothie

This is so refreshing after spending the day in the sun!  The last time I made these smoothies, I added a little less milk to make them thicker like a sorbet.  When I come home from the grocery store I wash and cut the strawberries in half, removing the steam. I add the blueberries and strawberries to a freezer bag and store in freezer. I place bananas whole with steams on directly into freezer.  When I am ready to use them I cut the ends off of the banana and cut in half.  Then I stand the banana on a cut side and trim off the peel (like you would when you cut corn off of the cob).  You can add any frozen fruit you prefer (cantaloupe, pineapple, just bananas or berries...) Be sure to drink it fast before it melts in this hot summer heat!


Yield 4 smoothies


1 carton frozen strawberries
1/2 pint frozen blueberries
2 frozen bananas 
2 Tbsp sugar (this is optional but I think the frozen strawberries sometimes taste bitter so I add a little bit of sugar)
1/2 cup to 1 cup milk (more or less depending on how thick or thin you like it and also how many servings you need to get)


Add Frozen Fruit, Sugar, and Milk to blender.  Blend until smooth.


Pour into glasses (or bowls) serve with straw.


Drink (or eat with spoon) and enjoy!


Sweet Dreams,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment